Monday, July 16, 2012

Bennett's Day 'O Fun

We decided that Bennett needed a day just for him.  He has been acting out and we just thought he could use some mommy and daddy time.  He really has been best big brother but we could just tell that he needed 2 on 1 attention.  I did feel like we were ditching Henry a little bit, but you gotta do what you gotta do for your kids.  Neil and I have been so excited to plan this fun day for Bennett.  We've been planning it for a few days.  

We woke up this morning and Bennett was not in a chipper mood.  My aunt posted something on Facebook this morning about watching the Spiderman movie with Cal last night.  The nice Spiderman wears the red suit and the not-so-nice one wears a black suit.  She said that Cal woke up in the black Spiderman suit.  I could totally relate.  I sent her a text saying Bennett woke up in his black suit. We had a little laugh and carried on. 

We were a little worried that he wasn't excited for his day.  But, we got to our first stop of Gators and Friends and he was good to go!  He totally bounced back and ran around the animals like crazy. Red Spiderman suit was here!
Neil, Bennett, Socks, and me
We saw lots of animals and fed them too.  I was shocked at how nice a zoo in Greenwood could be! I was sure to carry my purse after I heard about someone's car being broken in to.  Can't ever be too safe!

Our next stop was Kiddie Mia's.  This is Bennett's most favorite place ever.  He asked at least 26 times if we could go to Kiddie Mia's.  We killed 1 hour and $6 and walked away with a sports pencil and stickers.  He doesn't really care about the prizes...he just likes to play the games.

Bennett and Neil really get into the games

Our next stop was the park.  We brought a little picnic along with us and enjoyed it at the tables.  Bennett loves the peaches that Nana brought over from Ruston.  We ate, played, and took pictures...my idea of a great picnic.


Neil lounging during the picnic

Bennett couldn't believe I climbed up and surprised him at the top of the slide!

He sat on a little bench at the top of the playscape and I took these pics...my little ham.  He is such  a sweetheart!
Our day was so much fun.  We just took time to enjoy our oldest boy.  He was so good, eager to obey, and just had fun being a big boy.  I hope we can do more days like this in the future with both of our boys.

Lastly, we stopped by Carolyn's to wish her a happy birthday with a few cupcakes and a little gift.  Bennett, of course, needed to enjoy one of her cupcakes and she let him.  Happy Birthday, Carolyn!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Neil looks exhausted!
    2. I am totally crushing on your printed shorts.
    3. Looks like Bennett had a real fun day with mommy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing catch-up on your blog! Gosh, your kiddos are cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...